Monday, March 9, 2009

Getting Jacked

God, how I love cereal. There's really nothing better than a bowl of cereal, especially late at night.

But can someone tell me why there were ever "blue carrot" shapes in Apple Jacks? Sometime back in around 2003 or 2004, Kellogg's had this genius idea, and it has been bothering me ever since. And the best part - the box says "same great Jacks taste! No apple taste! No carrot taste!" I shit you not. Look at this box!



I'm sorry, WHAT? No apple taste? Well yeah ok, it doesn't taste like apples, but come on. And wait, why DOESN'T it taste like apples? It's made from apples, and it's called Apple Jacks, for fucks sake. "No carrot taste." Great. So why did you add carrot shapes? The cereal does not list carrots as an ingredient. And why are they blue? Can anyone answer any of this for me, really?


All this confusion aside, man Apple Jacks are great. Nothing better than that sugary powder that dusts the crunch. Probably the same reason I love Froot Loops (more on them in a future post!) But I think my favorite part is the taste they leave in the milk.


Seriously though...blue carrots?

3 comments:

  1. I'M A KID I EAT WHAT I LIKE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Maggie Mudd in SF they have a vegan ice cream flavour called Fruit Looped that tastes exactly like Froot Loops. You must try it some time.

    ReplyDelete